Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 28, 2024, 02:31:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Google page rank fluctuating

(Read 11698 times)
danisara

« on: November 14, 2008, 04:28:50 pm »

I am starting to be disappointed with Google. I have a website which was ranking #2 and #3 on Google (switch up every few days) for the entire month of September. Then I look at Google in October and I see I dropped to #6 and kept floating from #6-#12.

What more does Google want from me? I have a very key domain name, that alone should make me do good. I have news stories other websites don't even post and I have it posted before the rest. The only possible thing I can do is keep switching up the top stories and recent previews.

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can improve? I am starting to get desperate and look into some SEO's companies and paying them to help increase my ranking, and never in my life did I think I would have to do that.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 04:46:12 pm by danisara » Logged
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: November 14, 2008, 04:28:50 pm »

steven

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 04:32:19 pm »

I am starting to be disappointed with Google. I have a website which was ranking #2 and #3 on Google (switch up every few days) for the entire month of September. Then I look at Google in October and I see I dropped to #6 and kept floating from #6-#12.

What more does Google want from me? I have a very key domain name, that alone should make me do good. I have news stories other websites don't even post and I have it posted before the rest. The only possible thing I can do is keep switching up the top stories and recent previews.

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can improve? I am starting to get desperate and look into some SEO's companies and paying them to help increase my ranking, and never in my life did I think I would have to do that.

I think I would not worry about PR too much, unless what you have for dinner strictly depends on it. I used to be very frustrated with Google too, my page would rank well one day and suddenly was poor the next day just to jump up the in a few days again. I do not know how they do it or what they do, but I know it is almost impossible to rely on PR.

Also, the PR that you see calculated on the scale 0-10 is just a log approgimation of the real PR. It is very imprecise.

Also, PR relates to specific pages. If you have PR4 on your main index page, it does not mean that your all web is PR4.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 04:48:11 pm by steven » Logged
Pansophic

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 11:10:59 am »

i just think that u should not worry about the rank and u should keep on posting high quality stuffs and articles on your website then automatically your page rank will imporove Smiley
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)