Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

April 20, 2024, 08:14:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Overstayed schengen visa 2 years ago

(Read 4396 times)
thryzon

« on: December 29, 2014, 11:28:17 am »

In a nutshell, I studied in Sweden two years ago and want to go around Europe this summer to visit my friends. However, during my studies in sweden (which lasted 6 months) I was denied a residency permit 3 months in because they did not like a document I submitted. Looking back it appears I did not appeal the decision, so I overstayed my Schengen visa for approximately 3 months. I never got in trouble with the law or anything, and upon departing from Copenhagen I did not receive any bad stamps. I was wondering if I'm going to run into any trouble attempting to enter any of the Schengen states again, because if they attempt to levy a fine on me I don't think I'll be able to afford it. I'm from the US if that matters at all.
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: December 29, 2014, 11:28:17 am »

apapunas
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 09:55:48 am »

No one in the world can forsee thoughts in the head of the border patrol (since you are from the US, I am assuming you are US Citizen thus not requiring visa, so you will not go through the visa decision proces, and you can expect problems at the border only). Whether you will or will not have problems when arriving to Europe depends on the particular officer on duty. However, the good news is that you won't be punished for your previous overstay. If you were not issued any warning or fine upon your previous departure, you can consider it forgotten.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)