Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 29, 2024, 02:18:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Overstayed 6 month Stay Visa by a day.

(Read 3462 times)
gangwarss

« on: July 09, 2015, 06:45:15 pm »

Hello,

I have acquired a 6 month German 'Job Search Visa'. Now My return ticket is booked on a day after my Visa end date. Now if I have to book my ticket a day before, its costing me some good amount extra.

I want to know if I may extract any penalty in this scenario? My Visa expires on 30th July and my return ticket from Frankfurt is on 31st July.

Now should I pay that extra in cancelling and rebooking my ticket on a day before or should I go along with my existing return flight considering it a minor case for authorities to convict me as a defaulter of immigration rules.

Please help my cause. Thanks.
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: July 09, 2015, 06:45:15 pm »

steven

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 08:18:31 am »

Whether you get caught overstaying or not depends on the passport control upon your departure. The officer on duty might just let it go, he can give you just a warning, perhaps he may not even notice, but if he wants to be strict, he can give you a fine ranging from a few euros to hundreds of euros. It really depends on your luck when you are leaving. The Schengen Acquis law says that you must be out of the Schengen state no later than on the visa expiry date. Whether you stay one day longer and have luck getting out without any repercussions - nobody can predict this. It is your decision, you overstay and risk problems, or you avoid the risk by rebooking your flight.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)