Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

April 16, 2024, 04:58:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

New shengen visa application after previous visa expired

(Read 3429 times)
randal

« on: August 03, 2015, 03:15:09 pm »

Hello,

I have a doubt regarding the possibility to request a shengen visa for a chinese cityzen to visit Germany as a tourist + friends visit. This person requested a visa for Spain in spanish embassy few months ago and due to health issues stayed longer than the visa permitted. Finally she went back to China leaving the EU in Paris airport. In the passport checking the officer asked questions about why her visa was expired, and after showing papers from hospital the officer stamped the date (so checking her passport niw it's obvious that the visa was exparied). 

The question stays now if this person can apply and succeed for a new tourist visa (1 month aprox.) to visit Germany:

1. Is it going to be an issue when the German embassy sees the expired visa in her passport?

2. If she requests a new clean passport, is there any way the German embassy could know that she already expired one Shengen visa before? As far as I understand the French passport officer did not register anywhere that her visa was expired....

In addition, if anybody could explain me what helpful supporting documents are needed to apply a tourist visa for Germany would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everybody in advance
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: August 03, 2015, 03:15:09 pm »

porsche

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 09:30:13 am »

Getting a new passport might be to his benefit as it substantially lowers suspect questions. If someone asks, then he can explain the situation the same was is he did at the passport control, supporting with the original documents from the hospital. Overstaying visa due to medical reasons is not a problem if it can be explained and proved with hospital documentation. I would not see it as an issue.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)