Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

April 25, 2024, 02:10:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

I overstayed and I paid the fine (no ban time). Should I worry when I re-enter?

(Read 4994 times)
MysteryMan

« on: August 30, 2015, 07:46:21 pm »

Hi, back in early 2015 I overstayed the Schengen Zone for 10 days and I paid a 250 euro fine (no ban time) at the border when I travelled from Slovenia to Croatia by train.

I have been more than 180 days out of the Schengen Zone now and I was wondering if I should worry when I re-enter the Schengen Zone (I'm flying into Germany). Can the border agent deny entry based on this previous overstay (despite the fact the fine has already been paid and I'm now ready to start my new 90-days stay?)

Any advice? Thanks! 
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: August 30, 2015, 07:46:21 pm »

danisara

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 09:16:10 am »

The reaction of the border agent cannot be predicted, as he might check your history, he might not check your history (some border officers just look at the photo a waive you good bye without checking anything else), your misconduct with the overstay might not even be recored in the system. The border officer has the powers to deny you entry into the Schengen state if he deems appropriate, but I have not heard so far that a previous overstay/fine would disqualify anyone from visiting the Schengen area at his next journey. The so called "ne bis in diem" principle, it is Latin for "not two times for the same misconduct", is a basic human right. If you get denied from entering the Schengen country based on the previous overstay (fine), have them give you the reason in writing and file a complaint of inappropriate procedure (being punished for one thing two times).
Aisha

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 11:31:43 am »

Hello there!

Did you get this resolved?
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)