Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 28, 2024, 10:01:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Would visiting my home embassy help or hurt?

(Read 3765 times)
ImInHel

« on: October 12, 2016, 10:55:12 am »

If I were to overstay my Schengen, would visiting my home embassy help?  I was thinking of going to the US embassy and asking for some advice but I'm wondering if that would be helpful, useless, or even a bad thing to do? 
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: October 12, 2016, 10:55:12 am »

steven

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 02:45:35 pm »

If I understand you correctly, it would be similar to commiting a crime and then going to a police man saying: "hey, I killed the guy, here you have me". This way you get 100% caught. If you do not go to the policeman, you still have a chance to sneak through. On the bright side, you can apply for an extension due to especial circumstances. See this thread for more details:

Extension of Schengen Visa
http://www.maxi-pedia.com/forum/index.php?topic=1054.0
ImInHel

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 08:21:31 am »

Yeah, that was sort of what I was wondering about.  I actually ended up contacting the U.S. embassy--as it turns out they said that they don't deal with such matters and that I would need to ask the local authorities.  That was unexpected but, looking back on it, not very surprising as it is a local matter.  My (local) girlfriend had suggested I contact the authorities, as well, but I felt uneasy about it...exactly for the reason you've stated.  So I guess my options are limited...
steven

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 09:58:08 pm »

Smiley I understand, you are an American overstaying in Schengen. If that is the case, going to the U.S. embassy really does not help as the U.S. embassy does not care about how much time you spend outside the USA. The U.S. embassy is competent in U.S.-related matters not in E.U.-related matters. To help U.S. citizens to ease consequences of their breaking the law is not their competency. If you wanted to "incriminate" yourself, you would need to go to the authority whose objective is to protect the E.U. That would be local police or border control (for example at the airport). But what do you expect they tell you? How do you expect they treat you? Do you expect them to tell you: "We see you are a nice guy, ok, we will forget that you overstayed, and for your kindness we will buy you a beer."?
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)